Stoystown Lions Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stoystown, Pennsylvania   15563
Chartered   January 20, 1948
Trostletown Covered Bridge
History of the Stoystown Lions Club

The Stoystown Lions Club was chartered Jan. 20, 1948.  The Club was sponsored by the Meyersdale Lions Club.  In 1959 we sponsored the Sipesville Lions Club.  We also sponsored the Stoystown Lioness Club which was Chartered Jan. 9, 1983. H.S. Younkin was first Lioness Club Liaison Representative. 
A park was started by the acquisition of the Trostletown Bridge and land donated in memory of D.W. Swank and Harold C. Swank in November of 1970.

Purchase of land and further donation by The Swank Family resulted in a park of nearly 15 acres.  The club built a pavilion with facilities and tables.
In 1971 The one room Mostoller School House was presented to the club by George E. Fritz and Ira C. Fritz, and moved to the park.

Activities of the club include; supporting the Blind, White Cane Day, Camp Beacon Lodge, Walkathons, Leader Dog, Tractor Show, Car and Gun Raffles, Sub and Pizza Sales, Chicken barbecues, and Mountain Craft Days. 

The largest attended activity is The Antique Tractor Festival on the first weekend in August.

Another large activity is our Memorial Day Parade which is co-sponsored by the Lions, American Legion Post 257  and Stoystown Borough.